Engine Dip Stick Housing Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Engine Dip Stick Housing « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roger Routledge
New User
Username: ringarolls

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, 25 January, 2016 - 00:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello to all.
I have a small oil leak coming from the dip stick tube that fits in the sump. I take it that this is a push fit with an o ring fitted to make the seal can anyone confirm this please.
Also if I remove this tube is the oil level above it, so I will need lower the level first before removing the tube.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1824
Posted on Monday, 25 January, 2016 - 04:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Roger,

It's definitely a push fit with o-ring. See this image from the early SZ spare parts manual:

Oil Dipstick

You don't say what model year you have, but I don't think this aspect of the oil dipstick ever changed. I can double check if you post the year and model under discussion.

If yours is this style, I do not believe the oil level is above the O-ring junction on the tube, but I'm certain someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Brian

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1446
Posted on Monday, 25 January, 2016 - 11:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Rodger as above but: the oil will leak out a little but if you are ready and quick, not too much. Do it when it is stone cold, undo both bolts first.

Make sure you pull the dipstick out first or you will not be able to get the new dipstick o'ring on quickly.

Regards, Paul.

Roger Routledge
New User
Username: ringarolls

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, 25 January, 2016 - 19:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Paul
It's an '82 model, Chs No 06265.

Roger

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: