Cold heater at 50MPH/80KPH Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Cold heater at 50MPH/80KPH « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Darryl Watson
New User
Username: inox

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, 11 January, 2016 - 01:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi,

Apologies for long(ish) post but I will try to include all info in one go.

1990 Mulsanne S. Cold air from heater at 50 (80 KPH) (or higher) miles / hour. Warm air when driving around town.

Water gauge pointer just below middle of the white.

9 years ago I was experiencing the heating problems and the a heater overall kit was fitted amongst other items in the air con.

Heat OK.

January last year I fitted a second hand tap body (used existing repair kit) after the one on the car broke dumping coolant all over the road. As far as I can remember the heating worked OK after the replacement.

Started noticing a regular tapping from the heater valve (audible inside the car). Not sure if the heater was working OK when the tapping started.

On a long run (by UK standards) in May 2015 cold air from heater at higher speeds.

I have fitted another repair kit, (a Mercedes W123 HVAC Heater Control Mono Valve Kit 0008350644 with same Bosch part number) but to no avail.

I am considering replacing the body again but before I do any ideas please.

Many thanks

Regards

Darryl

Jeff Cheng
New User
Username: makeshift

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, 22 February, 2016 - 10:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

At first glance (and without any specific vehicle systems knowledge), I'd say check the thermostat isn't sticking open?

No heat at high speed would indicate overcooling of the coolant with the additional airflow through the radiator. No such problem around town lets the coolant stay at proper temps.

Darryl Watson
New User
Username: inox

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, 22 February, 2016 - 23:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi,
Thermostat is OK as needle sits in the white on the temp gauge.
Since making the post I have replaced the heater tap.
The heater now seems to be OK (fingers crossed)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: