K Motronic Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » K Motronic « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Hart
Experienced User
Username: bill_hart

Post Number: 36
Posted on Friday, 16 October, 2015 - 02:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There's good news and bad news. The good news is that I own a 1995 Turbo R, a marvelous old car. The bad news is that (1)the car displays the "check engine" light, (2)I am utterly clueless regarding modern auto electronics, and (3)I live in a small town where mechanics tend to bolt at the mere mention of a Bentley.
Thanks to Brian Vogel I now know that the car uses the K Motronic ecu. My objective is, for local mechanics, to print the procedure for accessing the K Motronic ecu and "counting the blinks".
But the tech page seems to cut off at the 1989 model. I have found a procedure on that page but the pictures seem indicative of an older Rolls.
Are these procedures applicable to my 1995 model? If not where can I find the right ones?
Your support is sincerely appreciated.

Jim Walters
Experienced User
Username: jim_walters

Post Number: 46
Posted on Friday, 16 October, 2015 - 03:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Go to rroc.org.au, post war technical, SZ, chassis specs 1990 model year changes, major changes 30K series part 1,2,3. You want part 1 for the blink code procedure, or just go to the link below to get you there.

http://rrtechnical.info/sz/cs/tsd5069p1.pdf

SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com

Bill Hart
Experienced User
Username: bill_hart

Post Number: 37
Posted on Friday, 16 October, 2015 - 07:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Jim. Found the procedure, haven't tried it yet. Hope I can make it work.