Miscellaneous Questions Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Miscellaneous Questions « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tim Maslin
Yet to post message
Username: timspirit

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, 25 May, 2015 - 19:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am a new RR owner and very proud to be the custodian of a 1981 Silver Spirit. I am anxious about the security of the Flying Lady when away from home and possibly no access to secure parking. I understood that she could be removed by pulling upwards after removing the allen-keyed bolt. I removed this but she would not move. I hesitated to use too much force. Suggestions please

Jeffrey W. Moore
Yet to post message
Username: jwmoore

Posted on Sunday, 21 June, 2015 - 01:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

'88 Bentley Mulsanne S AC Evaporator Matrix!

I have a leaking evaporator matrix and wondering if anyone has replaced one before and could give me some pointers as to what needs to be removed to gain access to the matrix to remove it. I think that my heater matrix is seeping a little too. I can smell anti-freeze when the heat first kicks on.

Robert Noel Reddington
Prolific User
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 153
Posted on Sunday, 21 June, 2015 - 05:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Tim go to remove flying lady postings. Mr Paul Yorke kindly posted an ingenious way of turning the fixing into a bayonet type fixing. My version which is un tried is magnets.

Remove the locking screw and squirt release oil in the hole. The lady is often reluctant to come -out.

Jeffrey.
In the tech bit on the main site is I believe a tech bit on the heating and air con. Take photos as you go, although I have never done a Mulsanne the evaporator is usually low down in thd centre behind the dash and the heater matrix is accesed from engine side of upper bulkhead.

Before removing heater matrix check that the hose to matrix is not leaking at the joint, the coolant can find its way into the heater box like this.

Dick Campbell
Yet to post message
Username: dick_campbell

Posted on Friday, 03 July, 2015 - 05:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi, first post on this forum, here goes.

I have a 1990 Bentley Mulsanne S. After some months of non use the top part of the driver information panel has stopped working.....brake pressure lights, turn repeaters, main beam warning, gear selection etc. The bottom part, key left in, battery, oil pressure still works.
Is there a main feed to this that may have fused or is the complete unit not repairable.
Many thanks,
Dick.

Robert Noel Reddington
Prolific User
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 237
Posted on Saturday, 04 July, 2015 - 04:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I know nothing about this car electric wise.

Check fuses.

Check the plug that supplies the warning display.

The unit is repairable. Local to me in Dorset UK is a go to guy who repairs stuff down to component level.

Often its just a popped transistor and the transistor is pennies to buy. He did a GM digital display for me and it cost £50.

Note only use digital high impedance meters. Old analogue meters and test lamps have low impedance and some thing like a transistor will see it as a short and pop its clogs.

Refer to wiring diagram in workshop manual.