AC electric fault Corniche 2 vim 24570 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » AC electric fault Corniche 2 vim 24570 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alfredo Bastianelli
Yet to post message
Username: alfbast

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, 18 March, 2015 - 04:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi
Recently I am experiencing a peculiar malfunctioning at the air condition.
Suddenly it stop working: fans and all electric engins stop operating. No noise whatsoever.
Once I change the air con fan fuse and I touched the relays and it started again. But to stop working again after a while.
Any suggestion?
Tks

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 265
Posted on Wednesday, 18 March, 2015 - 09:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Alfredo Welcome to the Australian Rolls Royce forum where I am sure you will find help with your problem. From what you say it looks like some loose connection or something needing cleaned. There are lots of posts in the Spirit section relating to air con problems it sometimes is worth while reading these old posts to give clues to fixing the problem.

Richard.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 156
Posted on Wednesday, 18 March, 2015 - 11:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alfredo, welcome. Unfortunately my knowledge of air conditioning is quite small however I have some experience.

Here is something that you can do which won't cost you anything for the diagnosis. First put another fuse in it and get it working again, then feel the airconditioning pipes going to the evaporator under the dash. If they are cold and frosty then you know the a/c is fully gassed up. On some a/c systems there is a sensor that closes down the entire system if there is a lack of refridgerant gas. If that the case you need to find where the leak is, fix the leak and regas.

However, your problem seems to be merely electrical. On the electrical side, if the system keeps blowing fuses then you have a short circuit somewhere. That could be in the relays and I have always found the best way to test a relay is to simply substitute it with a new relay and see what happens.

Also, check the wires going to the solenoid on the compressor to make sure the insulation has not rubbed off and that a bare wire is not earthing out on the engine somewhere.

Additionally, check the belts on the compressor are tensioned correctly.

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, 19 March, 2015 - 08:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As stated by Vladimir the aircon May have low pressure protection switch.

So get the air con pressure checked.

I had a Ferrari air con which was playing up because the pressure wasn't low enough to work the low pressure protection but when switched on the pressure would dip and shut the system down.

Unfortunately the only way to properly check the fridge bit of the aircon is to use proper gauges and vacuum pumps etc.

So my over all advice is to get a professional to check. A few aircon shops will check for free.

The average time between recharges is 5 years. So when was the aircon last checked.

To recharge (not check) an aircon is about £60 ish. The check will show up leaks.

It's illegal to recharge a system that leaks, hence the free check.

Diodes or bulls eyes.
these are to stop the servos interfering with each other.

When these go pufft weird things happen.

They are cheap 50p each and a full explanation including suitable diode numbers is in the tech bit on the main site. Radio spares for diodes or maplins,Tandy.

Note diodes are one way valves. In this application they last for years mine are 41years old.

(Message approved by david_gore)