HELP: window frame U-seal Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » HELP: window frame U-seal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jean-Pierre 'JP' Hilbert
Experienced User
Username: jphilbert

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, 15 November, 2014 - 08:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Car is a 1985 Corniche, DAF-10195.
I had to take the glass out of the door window frame, now I need to put it back in, but can't source the rubber U-seal that goes between the metal frame and the glass itself. Had to cut up this seal to get the glass out in the first place.
We are talking about the door glass. This seal is about 11mm x 11mm, and it seems like rubber sold by the foot.

It is not listed on the exploded parts diagram, but for sure every RR/B with a stainless steel glass frame must have it! Again, it is the door glass, and it IS NOT the glazing rail PW81204.
The part that I photographed is a bit mangled as I had to cut through the seal to remove the glass, but with a bit of phantasy, one can see what it would look like if intact.
Where can I find one, or is there any known good substitute for it? I spent 3/4 of the day calling every source here in Europe to no avail....

Jean-Pierre 'JP' Hilbert

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1317
Posted on Saturday, 15 November, 2014 - 18:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi JP, I think I know the part you're after, will check availability on Monday.

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.75
Posted on Saturday, 15 November, 2014 - 11:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Try Austin Mini.
very big window for a small car.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Jean-Pierre 'JP' Hilbert
Experienced User
Username: jphilbert

Post Number: 20
Posted on Sunday, 07 December, 2014 - 21:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Update & closure of the topic from my side: I got a simple U-seal to hold the window more or less inside the stainless steel frame, then I put black silicone for outdoor use around the glass. I am surprised that it seems that I surpassed myself, the seal looks really pro!
Time will show if this was the right solution :-)