Central locking Problem 1991 turbo R Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Central locking Problem 1991 turbo R « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 221
Posted on Monday, 13 October, 2014 - 02:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi when my friend bought his 1991 Turbo R his doors didn't operate with the fob that came with the car the people he bought the car of in Kent had given him a six month warranty they supplied him with a new control box which came with two new fobs, now all the doors lock and open when the key is in the drivers door lock but nothing when he tries to open or lock them remotely any ideas thanks.

Richard.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1076
Posted on Monday, 13 October, 2014 - 06:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

I think your friend will be out of luck without dealer assistance. This was one of those things that required the use of the MasterCheck system (unless someone knows of a workaround). The attached PDF gives the step-by-step instructions.

application/pdfReprogramming for New Fobs
Reprogramming_the_anti-theft_alarm_system_ECM_remote_fob_memories.pdf (50.2 k)

Brian

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.76
Posted on Monday, 13 October, 2014 - 05:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The key hole on the door has a switch maybe?. Start there.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1283
Posted on Monday, 13 October, 2014 - 07:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Was it working from the new fobs at any point?

Check ALL the fuses and the cut out above the drivers left knee.

Try the fob right next to the rear window.

Make sure the remote unit near the battery cut off switch has not become disconnected. A long white connector.

I don't think mastercheck applies but would need a chassis number to confirm.

CDL , Interior Light. Starter motor, problems are often due to alarm unit problems.

Many have batteries in (like the seat memory units) which leak and damage the circuit boards.

Get them changed before they leak.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 222
Posted on Monday, 13 October, 2014 - 08:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian Bob Paul thank you for the information I will get Stephen to look at the suggestions above and see where we go from there.
Thanks again.

Richard.

Dick Campbell
New User
Username: dick_campbell

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, 11 July, 2015 - 07:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The remote locking on my 1990 Mulsanne was useless...around 6 years ago Paul provided me with an alternative which took around 15 minutes to fit....perfect ever since.

gordon le feuvre
Frequent User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 80
Posted on Sunday, 12 July, 2015 - 00:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sounds like kit I obtained from flying spares. Box lives under top roll. Mine worked fine with remotes, but I think used SAME button on remote to lock/unlock. I seem to remember there were three buttons on remote, other two were redundant. Not trying to be rude, but work a try?