Thermostat/Temperature sender Bentley... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Thermostat/Temperature sender Bentley Turbo R « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ernest Carty
Experienced User
Username: edcarty

Post Number: 30
Posted on Sunday, 08 December, 2013 - 04:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All, I have recently had to replace the Thermostat on 60193 Turbo R LWB,when looking at IETIS it says to Drain and remove turbo Intercooler and its associated hoses and sensors also remove Idle valve assembly.On Inspection I found if I removed the Air Pump 4 bolts and 2 hoses and slip off the drive belt i could go into the front to access the Thermostat housing using a shallow socket and amodified ring spanner I was unable to remove the Thermostat cover having first drained a couple of Liters of coolant off and removed the top hose to radiator.Once this was done I replaced the thermostat,cleaned up the joint faces and whilst the cover was off I replaced the Temperature sender and fitted the new Gasket to cover ,reassembled in reverse order topped up coolant.Job done in just over 1 hour a huge time saving against the Workshop instruction .I hope this helps all who have to do this job on Either Turbo R or a Conti.