A/c compressor won't cut in - 88 Spur... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » A/c compressor won't cut in - 88 Spur « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aaron Goldman
Yet to post message
Username: the420g

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, 30 November, 2013 - 20:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Guys,

I have just imported a 1988 Spur from Hong Kong and am going through the long process of getting it ready for the road.

I had the a/c regassed last week. At first the compressor cut in and out nicely, but I noticed I could not get a very high fan speed in the car. The next time I tried it, the fan speed had improved, but the compressor had stopped cutting in.

There is still plenty of gas in the system, and the pressures read ok. I checked power at the switch on the compressor.... had power at one terminal. if I bridged the switch out, I lost power and the aux fan in front of the radiator came on.

This is my first Rolls Royce (have had 50 or so Jaguars), and an interesting learning curve.

Any suggestions?

Aaron Goldman
Brisbane Australia
88 Spur
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1353
Posted on Sunday, 01 December, 2013 - 07:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Welcome Aaron,

You are certainly commencing a journey of discovery with a Hong Kong sourced vehicle and I suggest you should search this forum using "Hong Kong" as the Search For item, "and [match all keywords" as the Keyword Options, "Whole words only" as the Match Method, "Case Insensitive" for Match Case and "Text of messages" for Look In. This will give you some understanding of past experience with second-hand cars sourced from Hong Kong

Also are you aware of our Technical Library as this will be of great assistance to you?

http://rrtechnical.info/

You should also download the full set of Bill Coburn's "Tee One Topics" which is essential reading for every R-R/B DIY owner.

http://rrtechnical.info/TeeOne/teeone.htm

Good luck with your project.