Silver Spirit A/C microprocessor rela... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Silver Spirit A/C microprocessor relays replacement source UK « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Malcolm Thompson
New User
Username: buryport

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, 21 November, 2013 - 00:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

UK 1989 Silver Spirit . I am commencing attempting to resolve my A/C problems and are seeking replacement A/C microprocessor relays . The Fujitsu NB & SB series appear to have been discontinued. I have attempted to cross reference with little success. Any help gratefully received
These are my first posts so not to familiar with the process yet and have also posted on Miscellaneous. Regards with thanks in anticipation.
Malcolm Great Britain

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2948
Posted on Thursday, 21 November, 2013 - 11:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Try RS Components. RS in Australia still lists these FBR211SBD012 Fujitsu relays used on the circuit board, so I expect RS does in the UK too. Distrelec in Switzerland list them too, and that is where I bought a dozen last year. Try a Google on FBR211SBD012 and you will find many entries like:

http://us.100y.com.tw/PNoInfo/69052.htm

I am certain that I found a Tyco equivalent when I searched them out over a decade ago.

RT.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 2951
Posted on Thursday, 21 November, 2013 - 11:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here is the Fujitsu data sheet:
application/pdf
MicroRelayPrintFujitsu.pdf (93.9 k)

and, found in my archives, the Tyco W11 equivalents (choose the pinout and 12V coil to suit):
application/pdf
MicroRelaysTyco.pdf (282.2 k)

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 2953
Posted on Thursday, 21 November, 2013 - 17:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

ps: at the end of Page 3 of the Tyco data sheet I see that, when I bought some relays at Distrelec in Zürich, I made the note:

"As In Bentley Aircon 211SB D012 - M 12 Volt

NOTE Invoice read Distrelec V23101-D6-A201 [12V] NB should it be B201 ???
V23101D0006-A201 "

It seems that I had some bother with the pinout, or that the invoice quoted the wrong number, but the system works so I must have sorted it out.

RT.

Malcolm Thompson
New User

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, 21 November, 2013 - 20:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Many Thanks for reply and help. The aircon has been fading for a number of years. I have aquired a spare used microprocesor board from an informed good board 1990 3000 series. It appears identical. this is for use or back up so as to inspect the components of existing board. I respect that there are numerous other circuits to inspect to isolate to traverse to the problems. . I can recall a post somewhere on the fan speed module repair but cannot find it now. If you could lead me to it i would be gratefull. I have owned this exceptional example of car for 9 years but the aircon probs have been restricting it use. I have been waiting to aquire a few of the more expensive components prior to commencing major search through the minefield of everything involved Many Thanks for help Malcolm

Malcolm Thompson
New User

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, 23 November, 2013 - 20:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Microprocessor relays aquired substitute product description Tycon Axicom W11 V23101-D0106-A201 Relay PCB 12VDC from www.farnell.co.uk Sales@farnell.co.uk Leed GB tel 0844711 11 11
Farnell Part No product code 1175005 minimum order £20. There online ordering was confusing so telephone and it was very efficient and helpfull with next day deliver. 9 relays cost £24 but shoud have purchase 2 sets. Hope this helps someone . Regards Malcolm GB

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 2954
Posted on Saturday, 23 November, 2013 - 21:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Glad it worked out with the Tycos and it seems that the A201 as shown on my Distrelec invoice may be correct afterall (that is if your system works after repair).

Let me know if the fan speed module needs repair as I have a 150% home design which works far better. It uses a generic heat sink and about four 10A industrial diode bridges to replace the resistor arrays in the originals which are known to fail after about 15 year or so. Now, where did I archive those drawings ?

RT.

Malcolm Thompson
New User

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, 28 November, 2013 - 00:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Many thanks for guidance . seeking advice on supply or repair of aircon temperature sensors. I have not got to Microprocessor board yet are testing other circuits first. isolated fans feed circuit. 12 volt supply to all fan relays run correct speed. tested all continuity from microprocessor RH side connector.pins 2-9 to the fan relays & water tap& Compressor clutch relay all OK. tested 12 volt amp fuse supply from A1 Fuse board to RH side connector pin 18 OK
Now checking temp sensors from R H side Microprocessor RH side Connector pins 14 15 16 &
17 .for resistance reading. No reading on any pins open circuit. disconnected both leads top roll sensor and tested sensor no reading open circuit. tested continuity red lead to Rh side pin 14 good, tested other lead to earth open circuit. disconnected knee roll sensor same results. I think my sensors may be blown, May not be getting earth continuity as micro pro board disconnected ?. --Can I temporarily replace the sensors with resistors to just to get system operational and find further faults--. If it is possible what value resistors for top roll UD26695 knee roll UD24939 Ice warning UD26686 roof sensor UD26581 the other UR 23065 which may have been replaced by UD 24086. The sensors appear very expensive so do not wish to blow any more. advice on any cross reference substitutes for sensors gratefully received or if they can be repaired. I will be checking bumper sensor & roof sensor & AC function switch next next. I have sunroof on my model so roof sensor location does not comply with any manuals I will find. I can post a report on how to check all fan speeds independently of other circuits. if you approve and it will help others. If so should it be new post or continued here. Many thanks for you guidance Malcolm GB

Malcolm Thompson
New User

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, 28 November, 2013 - 03:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

first Update failed to post.
Have retested sensors with tester with crocodile grip terminals Top roll sensor reading was 4.01 at setting 20K & 200K. Knee roll about same 3.9 at 20K & 200K outside temp about 10-11 C. Retested again with electric blower fan in front car Top roll went down to 1.5 at setting 20K &200K and knee roll about same went down to 1.6 at setting 20K & 200K. Have not found outside sensors they are not under bumper 87 model. will proceed with examining the temp sensor circuits have nice day Malcolm

Malcolm Thompson
New User

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, 28 November, 2013 - 07:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Update 2 my testing error. I think RH side 18 way connector temperature sensor pins 14 15 16 & 17 should be tested for values back to the positive side not earth will re-check in morning and proceed to testing Function Switch Upper and lower temp control & facia re-circulation switch. Am very interested if resistors can be purchased for the sensors as over £100 for replacements is ludicrous . have nice day Malcolm

Malcolm Thompson
New User

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, 29 November, 2013 - 03:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

studied manual and sensors should test back to earth.
Re tested no earth on any sensor . have piggy backed earth feed to knee roll sensor earth terminal. now have good reading on all sensors. but noted that my pin ambient sensor and knee roll sensor locations were opposite to the manual information. Also tested Upper temperature control & Lower temperature control resistance readings and they are both good. this earth path circuit was good and did not need piggy back to knee roll. Now proceeding to Function switch tests. It appears that these Thermistors to repair sensors are only 89 pence as against £120 for replacement part. My electronic qualification are not brilliant but with determination I am eliminating
areas of concern to survey and resolve this system have nice day Malcolm GB

Malcolm Thompson
New User

Post Number: 10
Posted on Saturday, 30 November, 2013 - 04:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

AC Function switch circuit tests. No earth path to Function Circuits open at all position. Earth path made directly to switch.Now All switch positions open & close when position moved to. Also Top & Bottom temperature controls are providing Variable resistance readings when adjusted, also Facia & re circulation circuits open & close. QUESTION PLEASE these circuit only close when I add the earth path. The wiring diagrams do not show any bonding to earth for the earth side of temp sensor / Function switch or Facia Recirc switch. The microprocessor board was & is removed have tested it to see if any earth through from RH side pin 9 with no result. DO NOT WISH TO INSTALL PERMANENT EARTH TO THIS CIRCUIT IF IT DAMAGES MICROPROCESSOR BOARD WHEN I FIT IT BACK IN any opinions & advice at this point gratefully received. Regards Malcolm