Front Seat Squabs Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Front Seat Squabs « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nigel Parker
Experienced User
Username: trawler

Post Number: 49
Posted on Friday, 09 August, 2013 - 22:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

OK I am a complete numpty,but trying to remove the seat cushions on the front seats to access the seat ECU's on my 96 Turbo R has me stumped and have downloaded the info but apart from removing the seat back cannot seem to find anyway of removing the seat cushion............Any help appreciated.
I have removed the ECU's although some skin missing from knuckles.....However would appreciate a easier refittment when repaired......Thks in advance.Brgds Nigel

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1094
Posted on Saturday, 10 August, 2013 - 03:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Nigel, I think yours should have two push fit pegs at the front edge of the cushions. Pull the squab leaving the surround around the base in position.

With the back off, were there two screws exposed near the site of the two you need to remove to get the back off?

If you have non sports / earlier seats for some reason - Check for metal claws on rubber straps running from front to rear clipping over the seat frame bars.

Nigel Parker
Experienced User

Post Number: 50
Posted on Saturday, 10 August, 2013 - 09:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thks Paul,did not see the other 2 screws after the seat back removed.Only 1 screw on the outer side to remove seat back with velcro on the inside.Also unable to find any metal claws/rubber straps from front to rear clipping over seat frame bars.Cheers

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1096
Posted on Saturday, 10 August, 2013 - 16:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I think yours are the later type and push fit at the front. pulling the front of the piece your rear goes on upwards should pop it out.

I think I'm doing one early next week. will try to take photos for you.

Nigel Parker
Frequent User

Post Number: 52
Posted on Wednesday, 14 August, 2013 - 11:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thks Paul