Warning Messages on Driver's Info Pan... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Warning Messages on Driver's Info Panel « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 566
Posted on Sunday, 04 August, 2013 - 00:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Does anyone happen to know if a list exists somewhere of the various messages that can be displayed and the possible causes for same?

Elsewhere, someone recently posted, "My 1990 Mulsanne S has the digital warning & check panel on the dash & has shown 'egas' in red after the self test since I've owned the car." Apparently this does not cause him to fail MOT and he presumes it may be oxygen sensor related (which makes sense since I have to imagine this is short for 'exhaust gas' - though if it's a Japanese spec car it could be exhaust gas temperature).

I've done my usual search of IETIS and cannot come up with the "magic search term" to find either this message or any table of messages that can come up on the panel. If one exists in IETIS, what's Crewe's 'magic word' to let me find it? If it doesn't, has anyone begun or completed one?

Brian
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carl Heydon
Experienced User
Username: car

Post Number: 45
Posted on Sunday, 04 August, 2013 - 11:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A friends experience with his Eight, ex Japan, was the exhaust temp light would come on at times until the time it set his carpet on fire and damaged the wiring under the seats. It seems that the fuel pump was failing and the engine was running lean enough to do the damage.
Carl