Front seat armrest removal Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Front seat armrest removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roderick Keeler
Experienced User
Username: cal_turbo_r

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, 19 May, 2013 - 11:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all,

I wondered is someone could tell me how to remove the armrest that attaches to the driver's seat of my 1990 Turbo R (31104). It should be relatively easy, as I have the seat out of the car. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rod

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 339
Posted on Monday, 20 May, 2013 - 04:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

take the back of the vertical part of the seat off. Then you will be able to see the armrest securing hardware from the inside of the seat.

Roderick Keeler
Experienced User
Username: cal_turbo_r

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, 20 May, 2013 - 09:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the seat frame seems to be double walled with the hardware securing the armrest inside and thus inaccessible. I have reached around and tried to see if I could at the very least feel the attachment point, but there does not seem to be any way to get to it. The seat is out of the car and otherwise disassembled, so I have a lot of freedom of movement. Still, I can't seem to find a way in.

Daniel Diewerge
Experienced User
Username: didi13109

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, 20 May, 2013 - 22:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello, you just remove the two small chromed phillips screws down at the sides of the seat. Then you can simply lift the shell of the seat. With the shell removed you'll see that the shaft of the armrest in bolted directly into a theading on the seat frame, there is a hex head on this shaft for installation/ removal of the armrest.