Stereo Speakers Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Stereo Speakers « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John McGhee
Experienced User
Username: jam

Post Number: 22
Posted on Tuesday, 12 March, 2013 - 10:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All,

55208 offers no sound from the speakers in the driver's door, which one assumes is courtesy of a loose wire. She is a 95 model with the 10 speaker system.

I have been told that whilst the head units/general system were good, the in-door speakers were a tad average, with paper cones that are likely past their best.

I thought that given the door trims need to come off anyway, I might as well upgrade the speakers while I'm there.

Is there any collective experience out there as to decent speakers that might fit the various apertures withought too much hammer and chisel work?

Thanks & regards

John

Brian Crump
Prolific User
Username: brian_crump

Post Number: 125
Posted on Tuesday, 12 March, 2013 - 18:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

John,
I fitted Boston Acoustics to my Spirit II. The correct size was available and the resultant sound is excellent. I did however replace the amplifier as well.
Regards,
Brian

John McGhee
Experienced User
Username: jam

Post Number: 23
Posted on Tuesday, 12 March, 2013 - 21:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Brian,

The B.A. stuff was always good...

I don't suppose you recall the sizes of the speakers? I'm guessing the bass units are 5.25 inch and the midrange 4 inch? I think I'll leave the tweeters alone as they look like a pain to get to!

Kind regards

John