Heater heat at speed Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Heater heat at speed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James Seaman
Experienced User
Username: jseaman

Post Number: 20
Posted on Saturday, 15 December, 2012 - 07:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I imagine this is a fault rather than a feature but at speed (>50mph) my heaters don't blow hot. Any ideas on a possible cause?

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 902
Posted on Saturday, 15 December, 2012 - 08:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Have a look in the manual. Maybe the bulletins? There's something about no heat at standstill and at speed.

Heater tap rebuild institutions for high speed problems.

Auxiliary heater water pump for low speeds.

Sent from my mobile . . please excuse the brevity.
Regards, Paul Yorke.

James Seaman
Experienced User
Username: jseaman

Post Number: 22
Posted on Saturday, 15 December, 2012 - 19:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Paul, I'll check out the 'heater tap' now. ..

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 252
Posted on Wednesday, 19 December, 2012 - 09:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Paul Yorke is probabaly stop on the money with this. I know a certain Grand Master had a similar issue with his 93 Conti R, that the heater with be ok at low speeds but on the motorway it would not need keep the cabin warm. I believe the heater tap or partial cease in the heater tap was the culprit....
But he is very busy with the appropriate way to roll out and put his car cover on....AMAZING!
J