Guides for a 1991 Bentley Eight Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Guides for a 1991 Bentley Eight « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James Seaman
Experienced User
Username: jseaman

Post Number: 18
Posted on Saturday, 15 December, 2012 - 03:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you to those who have helped over the past couple of weeks, I have posted up a few guides on a Rolls Royce/Bentley forum that I can embed images with but here are links in case they are of use

Changing your coils
http://www.rollsroyceforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1927&highlight=

Inspecting the ECU relay
http://www.rollsroyceforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1926&highlight=

Changing crank / engine speed sensors
http://www.rollsroyceforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1925&highlight=

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 307
Posted on Saturday, 15 December, 2012 - 04:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear James,
Your guides are just excellent.
Many thanks for sharing them with us, and 10 out of 10 for the effort you have taken to sequence the images so well. A job well done indeed.
Omar

C Lungmuss
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 92.13.20.100
Posted on Saturday, 15 December, 2012 - 06:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello James.
I will add my thanks to Omar's, for taking the time to record what you have done. Hopefully someone will need this information and you have provided it in an excellent way.
Happy Christmas to all readers,
Clive

(Message approved by david_gore)

James Seaman
Experienced User

Post Number: 19
Posted on Saturday, 15 December, 2012 - 07:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar/Clive

Thank you for your comments, it became abundantly clear that there's a lack of information around so hopefully this will come in handy. I'm sure my car will continut to break so more guides will be generated :-)

Oh, and I've been doing these for years on various forums, everything from engine rebuilds to spraying etc.It's nice to give a little back when you get some advice

James

Brian Vogel
Prolific User
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 160
Posted on Saturday, 15 December, 2012 - 08:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

James,

Let me add my thanks for your having posted these guides. If you are a member of any Rolls-Royce/Bentley club you might want to consider working these into technical articles (which appears to be just a matter of tweaking format). You could also consider submitting them for publication in Tee-One Topics.

This is the kind of step-by-step information that proves invaluable for anyone doing these jobs for the first time (or even after a very long period after having done it last).

Brian

James Seaman
Experienced User

Post Number: 21
Posted on Saturday, 15 December, 2012 - 19:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian,

Thank you for your kind words. The format is one I have used for a very long time, I'm happy for it to be tweaked if people wish to use it elsewhere (in the past, doc, pdf etc have been made from them), but for the sake of maintenance I'm hoping to be consistent across all forums.

All the best

James

James Seaman
Experienced User

Post Number: 23
Posted on Monday, 17 December, 2012 - 22:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Reading ECU Codes:

http://www.rollsroyceforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1931&highlight=

Bernard Leloarer
Experienced User
Username: leloarer

Post Number: 17
Posted on Tuesday, 18 December, 2012 - 04:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Many thanks James for such a job !

James Seaman
Experienced User

Post Number: 25
Posted on Tuesday, 18 December, 2012 - 09:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks bernard and you are most welcome