1982 Spirit Dipstick Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » 1982 Spirit Dipstick « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 87
Posted on Thursday, 13 December, 2012 - 06:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can anyone advise the quantity of oil to fill between Min and Max engine oil on a Spirit.
Mark

Peter Talbot
Prolific User
Username: squerryes

Post Number: 181
Posted on Thursday, 13 December, 2012 - 09:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark - I've no idea as to oil volume required - I just like to keep all levels on my 1986 Spirit topped up so have adopted a pragmatic attitude:

My 1986 Spirit uses little oil but each month, after a decent run,I park it on the level,leave it for an hour or so then check the oil dipstick - if it looks low I shove in 125ml, run the car up to temperature, leave all to settle for an hour or so then re-check the dipstick.

Peter

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 251
Posted on Friday, 14 December, 2012 - 10:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

500mls to a litre should bring MIN to MAX on your dipstick Mark. Just check it in 250mls intervals as you pour in. I dont have to tell you do I to make sure the car is on level ground and engine off.... :-) give it about 5 mins for new oil to drain into sump insert dipstick and check as the level comes up.

J

Ernest Carty
Yet to post message
Username: edcarty

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, 15 December, 2012 - 22:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all James is correct in that 1 Litre is correct to bring the MIN to MAX marks on the dipstick.If the Engine has been run it is better to leave overnight to allow all oil to drain back to the sump,check with the dipstick and add oil in say 250 mls at a time and allow about 10 mins for oil to drain to the sump and check again using dipstick repeat this until the reading is correct.}}