Interior lights always on Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Interior lights always on « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James Seaman
New User
Username: jseaman

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, 13 December, 2012 - 02:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You fix one thing and another thing breaks! The interior lights just stayed on when I shut the doors, I had to remove fuse A1 from bank 2 to cut power. I couldn't see a plunger on the doors to stop the lights coming on, does anyone know how they work and why they might stop?!

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 900
Posted on Thursday, 13 December, 2012 - 02:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

you didn't catch the switch on the centre console with your hand by mistake did you?

door switches are in the door on the locks I'm afraid.

James Seaman
Experienced User

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, 13 December, 2012 - 03:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sadly not, I messed with the switch and opened/closed the doors a few times but no joy. Is there anything that commonly fails or an easy way to figure out which door is causing it?

Chris Browne
Frequent User
Username: chrisb

Post Number: 95
Posted on Thursday, 13 December, 2012 - 05:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

James,

Not sure what model your car is but on the Shadow range, the light switch works in two ways. Turning to the right switches on the sidelights then the head lights. Pulling the switch turns on the interior lights. Check and make sure that the switch has not been pulled out. If it has, push it back in.
Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Chris

James Seaman
Experienced User

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, 13 December, 2012 - 07:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Chris, not like that! But thanks anyway

The passenger door doesn't always lock so I gave that a few wriggles after Paul's comments and the lights are working as they should now so at least I know where the problem lies - thanks all

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 901
Posted on Thursday, 13 December, 2012 - 07:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

eIf you look into the door catch , hold the button in and operate the latch lever, at the bottom you should be able to see a tiny metal strip that operates the interior light switch. make sure the lever Is clean and well lubricated.

James Seaman
Experienced User

Post Number: 16
Posted on Thursday, 13 December, 2012 - 08:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Don't call me an elf :-)

Thanks a lot, I'll take a look