Silver Spirit Servicing Manual Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Silver Spirit Servicing Manual « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Butterworth
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 220.240.153.127
Posted on Monday, 19 July, 2004 - 08:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can anyone tell me where to source a servicing manual for a 1988 Silver Spirit. I'm having electrical problems and there is no RR dealership nearby. If I go to an automotive electrical repair shop I will need to supply documentation.

I'm in central Queensland.

Thanks
Mark

William H. Trovinger II
Grand Master
Username: bill_trovinger

Post Number: 126
Posted on Monday, 19 July, 2004 - 16:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark;

I do not know of anyone selling the CD's in your country. In the States your best bet is Larry Halpert (tbird@consultant.com) He also sells them on eBay.

Regards,
Bill

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 208
Posted on Monday, 19 July, 2004 - 21:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well be aware that his emails are bouncing.

BBC

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 245
Posted on Monday, 19 July, 2004 - 21:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I sent an e-mail to Larry yesterday and had two very friendly replies. Like myself, he is a Spam victim, so don't be too hard. These new Spams are diabolical and are making reasonable people seem like dimwits.

Bill Coburn
Grand Master

Post Number: 209
Posted on Monday, 19 July, 2004 - 22:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Tell me about it. I am being hounded by some swine allegedly checking that my eBay details are correct and providing me with a very official looking form to fill in with all my details. It is no more eBay than our friend Larry and even has some coding in it that prevents me sending it to eBay to investigate. Anyway if Larry reads this could I please have some passwords for the discs I already have since I have never used them!

Larry
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 68.195.74.199
Posted on Tuesday, 20 July, 2004 - 03:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I see that Bill mentions that my emails are bouncing. It is not apparent from my end. I'll respond to the posts on the site as well.

I don't have 80-89 Spirit/Spur TSD-4400, and TSD-4700 manuals on CD. They are not available anywhere.

Your car is a 20,000 series, so most of the car is the same as in the 90-00 workshop manual set.
This used together with the 80-89 Illustrated parts Manual will cover just about anything you will need. Differences like adaptive ride can be skipped, and it correctly describes your one-valve height control unlike the 87-89 hardcopy workshop manual that still assumes you have 2 valves.

Of course I ship around the world without any problems.

If you can't reach me at tbird@consultant.com
I can also be reached at halpert@optonline.net

Larry

Larry
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, 20 July, 2004 - 03:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill,

The 90-00 CD set does not need a password. I've sent you an email on how to open it.

Thanks,
Larry

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 246
Posted on Tuesday, 20 July, 2004 - 03:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry,

Bill is referring to TSD4200, SSII, I believe.

RT.

Larry
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, 20 July, 2004 - 06:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My TSD-4200 Shadow II manual set does not require any passwords either, and has no time limits on usability. It should just simply work, and not ask for any passwords.

Larry

Bill Coburn
Grand Master

Post Number: 210
Posted on Tuesday, 20 July, 2004 - 07:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well Larry et al I am embarrassed. I remember there were two producers of Shadow manuals on discs but assumed wrongly that Larry was the author of the one I have. They look so nice too. Oh well I will add them to my collection of very expensive drink coasters! Thank you all for clearing this up.

Interestingly I sent an email to Mark who started this thread offering the material he asked for and have had no reply.