Fuel Filters Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Fuel Filters « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Hicks
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman22

Post Number: 80
Posted on Monday, 29 October, 2012 - 06:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good Evening to you all
can anybody tell me is there a fuel filter in the tank ?
i know that there is one underneath the car just wondering if there is one
Bentley RT (66133)
Michael

Peter Talbot
Prolific User
Username: squerryes

Post Number: 157
Posted on Monday, 29 October, 2012 - 06:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Michael

Don't know about fuel filters in the tank but there was a vogue years back to install an in-line sintered metal filter in the fuel line just downstream of the main fuel filter. About 3 inches long overall and with a diameter of 3/4 inches. If you find one the best bet is to firstly back flush it then put it in an ultra-sonic bath.

Peter

Peter

Michael Hicks
Frequent User

Post Number: 81
Posted on Monday, 29 October, 2012 - 07:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Peter will have a look big overhaul this week
so want to go try to find out why the engine management light comes on when the fuel is low and the tick over drops

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2696
Posted on Monday, 29 October, 2012 - 22:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Your car should have an in-tank gauze filter. Incidentally, according to the Crewe records, Chassis 66133 (SCBZE19C3X66133) is a short wheelbase Bentley Brooklands R Light Pressure Turbo left hand drive !

RT.

Michael Hicks
Frequent User

Post Number: 82
Posted on Monday, 29 October, 2012 - 23:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks put Vin should be 66311 but same one
removed filter no back pressure car was used last night would think there should be something left
????!!!

Michael Hicks
Frequent User

Post Number: 83
Posted on Tuesday, 30 October, 2012 - 03:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have checked and cleaned the filter and replaced the Bosh filter looked all the way along the fuel line for another in-line filter and there is only the 2 filters so i have run her up and will see if there if any psi in the morning I checked a Jag this afternoon and it still had lots of pressure !!!

Edward Mckinley
Experienced User
Username: ed_mckinley

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, 05 October, 2016 - 05:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am about to attempt the cleaning of the in-tank filter on my 89 Corniche 29169. I am assuming that after draining the tank and removing the fitting I simply sneak my fingers into the tank and remove the sock for cleaning? If anyone has done this and has advice I would certainly appreciate the info

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1656
Posted on Wednesday, 05 October, 2016 - 08:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Edward, if it is the one I'm thinking of, it comes out with the outlet pipe assembly.

application/pdf
tank filter.pdf (75.3 k)

Edward Mckinley
Experienced User

Post Number: 29
Posted on Wednesday, 05 October, 2016 - 13:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks, I'm also assuming I can remove the retaining nut without the use of the special tool. I think a pin wrench should do the trick

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1657
Posted on Wednesday, 05 October, 2016 - 17:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes. I'd order a new seal before starting if you haven't got one already.

Have fun. :-)

Edward Mckinley
Experienced User

Post Number: 30
Posted on Wednesday, 05 October, 2016 - 22:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Found one on eBay a couple months back genuine part, new condition for $8

Edward Mckinley
Experienced User

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, 06 October, 2016 - 05:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

all finished and fairly strait forward. The main thing I would recommend to anyone doing this job is to have ready a container to drain gasoline into that is twice as big as you believe necessary! There is an annoying amount of gas left in the tank even with the low fuel light on for some time

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: