Corniche AC totally dead Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Corniche AC totally dead « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 277
Posted on Tuesday, 04 September, 2012 - 05:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My friend has a 91 corniche which has suffered total death of the AC/heater system. Nothing works at all till you touch one of the 5 small relays on the climate control micro processor located above the tunnel inside the cab. When you touch that one micro-relay, the climate control system works well till you switch the car off. Upon restart, the whole system is dead again. Any ideas??????

Michael Hicks
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman22

Post Number: 69
Posted on Tuesday, 04 September, 2012 - 05:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi
You need to take it out and ether give it to some body that can solder or do it your self
The solder has come away from the leg of the relay so you need to go around all the joints and re solder them
It is a bit tricky but works

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User

Post Number: 279
Posted on Tuesday, 04 September, 2012 - 16:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Michael.
I went a step further and replaced all 5 relays. Still no life.

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 386
Posted on Tuesday, 04 September, 2012 - 20:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Have you checked the wiring to the relay sockets and/or the socket terminals? If the system still works after jiggling it then nothing has changed, but pulling and replacing the relays could have caused an intermittent contact to be lost altogether.

Michael Hicks
Frequent User
Username: bentleyman22

Post Number: 70
Posted on Tuesday, 04 September, 2012 - 21:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

it isn't the relays you have a DRY joint on the bord and you need to find out which one it is just as easy to put hot iron on all joints

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User

Post Number: 280
Posted on Wednesday, 05 September, 2012 - 03:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Many thanks for the suggestions to all.
I have opted to send the control unit to the UK for refurbishment/overhaul and test before I reinstall it in my friend's Corniche to see if it makes any difference.
Thanks