Interrogating your Motronic Engine Mg... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Interrogating your Motronic Engine Mgmt System « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 211
Posted on Monday, 13 August, 2012 - 11:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

after an interesting 30 minutes over the weekend with the help of the RROCA Tech Library docs, a laptop and some thinking and counting on my part and using 'fault diagnosis' chapter 3 or 4 I think it is, I have cleared the motronic of all the recorded faults. Its not as 'complicated' as you might think and the process is actually rather fun to see what codes are stored, what errors or what the motronic finds 'unusual' and has either fixed for you or is letting you know by way of blink codes. I found some interesting info that my car had recored, and what the system was up to. Now it could be all 'placebo effect' but to clear the faults and completely reset the system, I'm confident the car is happier. Try it, its not hard, follow the insturctions and you will be intrigued, just as I was, in what the system records and in some cases fixes for you without you being aware. I suspect ages ago, when these cars were new or being dealer serviced, owners were being charged a fortune for all this basic stuff. Be aware though any mis start, ie a heathen gets into your car hits the ignition too quick and the result is a 'second go at start up of engine, will result in an automatic 2.1.2.1 fault. I will every month now go into the check sequence and clear these faults as a matter of up keep. Im suspecting the 5 or so 'not so serious faults' I had come up were floating around my Motronic Eng Mgmt System for YEARS!!!
J

Lluís Gimeno-Fabra
Prolific User
Username: lluís

Post Number: 258
Posted on Tuesday, 14 August, 2012 - 18:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi James,

Can you elaborate a bit on how did you connect the laptop to the ECU?

Lluís

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 213
Posted on Tuesday, 14 August, 2012 - 20:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

haha LLuis, you make me laugh....i didnt connect my laptop to the car I had it in there reading the fault diagnosis sheets while the blink codes where being blinked out by my ECU.

we made real progress today LLuis re Knock sensors!!! they have to be sqeaky clean!!

J

Lluís Gimeno-Fabra
Prolific User
Username: lluís

Post Number: 259
Posted on Tuesday, 14 August, 2012 - 21:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sqeaky clean like mine.