Brakes,on Turbo R Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Brakes,on Turbo R « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nigel Parker
Experienced User
Username: trawler

Post Number: 29
Posted on Friday, 04 May, 2012 - 10:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,a small(hopefully )issue on my 96 Turbo R.My brake press light remains on after start and driving.I replaced the accumulators around 6 months ago.I replaced the pads in January.When I switch off the engine and pump down the pressure,it takes around 48 pumps before the other brake warning light comes on.Brakes feel normal when driving.Any ideas??????Cheers Nigel

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 844
Posted on Friday, 04 May, 2012 - 19:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Nigel,

The pressure switch may need overhauling. There is a resin plunger in it which gets stiff in the brass body. Possibly some dirt or rust inside the switch shorting the contacts.

They added washers behind the spring to make the switch pressure higher which makes things look worse than they are!

Nigel Parker
Experienced User
Username: trawler

Post Number: 30
Posted on Saturday, 05 May, 2012 - 22:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Paul,thks for this.However when I drove today all was normal..........except aircon no longer cold.............Not sure if any co-relationship but seems strange.Also on shut down the brake wear light on after switch off,however all pads changed 3 months ago.........Perplexed.
Cheers Nigel