Who sells plastic gears for the windo... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Who sells plastic gears for the window motors? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 234
Posted on Friday, 30 March, 2012 - 23:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The window winder motor on my my friend's 96 model Spirit has a broken plastic gear in the window winder motor assembly. Where can I buy a replacement gear from?
Thanks to all.
Omar

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 319
Posted on Saturday, 31 March, 2012 - 20:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You might have better luck if you were to do a web search for nylon gears.

Michael Hicks
Experienced User
Username: bentleyman22

Post Number: 30
Posted on Saturday, 31 March, 2012 - 20:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

don't think you can get them and if you where in the UK i would say have a look in the Scrap yards
as there must have been used for something else

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 235
Posted on Sunday, 01 April, 2012 - 04:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

thanks for the responses.
It would be easy enough for me to take one off my scrapped Bentley Turbo R that I bought as a source of parts. The trouble is, it would have the same age related brittleness that will cause it to eventually fail again. I was hoping to be able to buy a new part made from fresh plastic that can at least survive another decade or two.
The search goes on.

Peter Talbot
Prolific User
Username: squerryes

Post Number: 107
Posted on Sunday, 01 April, 2012 - 08:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar
As you can salvage an example of the required gear from your scrapped Turbo R, why not use this as a template to cast a plastic replica gear? As a first step I suggest you contact a local dental technician for advice - think plastic plates for false teeth.
Peter