What are these hoses? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » What are these hoses? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lawrence Heasman
Frequent User
Username: lheasman

Post Number: 68
Posted on Sunday, 19 February, 2012 - 16:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

On my 89 Spur (SCAZN00A5KCH24747) I am getting water coming out of these 2 hoses. See pic. It's intermittent, sometimes only a little, sometimes a largish puddle. The water reservoir for the radiator stays at a constant level.

Stefan Morley
Grand Master
Username: myupctoys

Post Number: 351
Posted on Sunday, 19 February, 2012 - 17:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi,

At a guess, pipes leading to the evaporator for the air conditioner to drain off the moisture that condenses.

Stefan

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 179
Posted on Monday, 19 March, 2012 - 17:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

its no guess Stefan, gents that is indeed what they are! on very sultry humid days after long runs, the puddles of water that pool on my garage floor after about 5 - 10 minutes of the cars being stationary you could near bathe in! Its always icy cool in my cars, keeps me calm! The AC in our SZ cars is terrific or it should be if properly working! My Turbo ices up the bullseye vents too in sultry conditions if I put the window down for a quick and revolting lung buster.....no comments please, I know I shouldn't...only occasionally.
I've had concerned passers by tap on my window and inform me with concerned looks that there is water running out from under the car at times....so long as its not green of course there is no need for panic or alarm, its simply ice melting off the AC condensor matrix in the ACU unit in the dash and turning to water and running out those drain tubes....
A further point to this I draw everyones attention too is, if you are not getting this water pooling under the car (it should be under the mid section near the firewall close to the transmission) coming out the drains, where is it going!!!! Make sure the drain tubes are not blocked and the water thus isn't filling up the internal drip tray and draining into the interior front footwells and rotting your underlay!!!! or even worse rotting and rusting your footwells!! BTW, ALL cars do this, its quite normal to see puddles of water under just about all cars operating AC climate control systems now.

Cheers