Brake wear light Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Brake wear light « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nigel Parker
Experienced User
Username: trawler

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, 26 January, 2012 - 12:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Gurus,would any of you know at approx what percentage of wear the brake wear warning light comes on at power off on a 96 Turbo R???Many thks nd brgds Nigel

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 302
Posted on Friday, 27 January, 2012 - 00:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Essentially it's Crewe's way of saying that the pad linings are down to the recommended minimum thickness. Although they will last a few weeks or months longer (depending on the useage the car sees) it's strongly advisable to renew them as soon as it's convenient since there's a lot of mass in a Rolls or Bentley to pull up at motorway speeds.

Nigel Parker
Experienced User

Post Number: 25
Posted on Friday, 27 January, 2012 - 17:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thks Jan,pads already ordered,I am assuming that no need to replace the parking brake pads as I hardly ever use it.
Brgds Nigel

Nigel Johnson
Frequent User
Username: nigel_johnson

Post Number: 63
Posted on Friday, 27 January, 2012 - 20:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Don't forget Nigel. Use it or lose it!
Regards, Nigel.

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 303
Posted on Friday, 27 January, 2012 - 20:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I would check them anyway as they wear down even when not used much. Also the cables can still stretch. At the very least you'll need to adjust them and lubricate the linkages. I completely overhauled the braking system on The Old Girl a couple of years ago, since when I've had to adjust the parking brake twice and it's due again. I only use it at traffic lights unless facing uphill and never when just parked up.

Nigel Parker
Experienced User

Post Number: 26
Posted on Sunday, 29 January, 2012 - 00:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ok Gents I get the message......

Brgds nd Thks Nigel(in cold Hong Kong)