Bentley Turbo R(my97) Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Bentley Turbo R(my97) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nigel Parker
Experienced User
Username: trawler

Post Number: 22
Posted on Friday, 30 December, 2011 - 17:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Team,firstly a belated Merry Christmas and wishing all a super 2012.
I noticed that the rear end of my lovely Turbo R definitely bounces rather excessively when going over speed bumps and road protuberances.Would I be correct in assuming that the rear Hyd accumulators are shot???Is there anything else to be aware of such as the shocks etc.I will be ordering spares from UK so would liek to get it right.Many thanks in advance for the help.Brgds Nigel

Nigel Johnson
Frequent User
Username: nigel_johnson

Post Number: 59
Posted on Friday, 30 December, 2011 - 18:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Nigel.I've just replaced the rear accumulators on ACH01253.Once the boot trim is removed they are quite easy to get at.When fitted the rear system needs to be bled. Full details in Tee One Topics and the workshop manual. Also, do a search of this forum. Regards, Nigel.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 840
Posted on Friday, 30 December, 2011 - 19:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Nigel P,

As long as the suspension is riding at the correct height, it probably is the gas springs.

It's a bit more fiddly on the later cars. Disconnect the battery first.

Depressurise and then open the rear suspension bleed nipple ( the car will drop ) and leave it open the whole time with a tray collecting the fluid. This will prevent fluid loss into the boot. :-)

Pattern ones are about £70 a pair including seals.

Ignore the early manual removal and fitting instructions.

Nigel Parker
Experienced User
Username: trawler

Post Number: 23
Posted on Saturday, 14 January, 2012 - 01:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thks everyone,got the gas springs sent out from UK and just got the car back and boy does that make a difference to the ride.
Happy Bunny again.
brgds to all.Nigel