1982 Spirit Speedometer resistor?? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » 1982 Spirit Speedometer resistor?? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dwight E. Sisk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 72.100.229.157
Posted on Thursday, 01 December, 2011 - 08:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I ran down my Jaeger speedo (VDO) problem to a burnt voltage supply resistor on the circuit board inside the 82 Spirit speedo. Can anybody tell me the value of the resistor that feeds the ic on the board? The main 12v input goes through this resistor before it feeds the ic. Any help greatly appreciated, mine is burnt to a crisp and unreadable. See photo at this link...http://rroc.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1900038462/m/8281046826

(Message approved by david_gore)

Dwight E. Sisk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 75.245.145.56
Posted on Friday, 02 December, 2011 - 04:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry guys about the link to rroc.org. I forgot you have to be registered so you can't see my pic. I got the problem fixed just now. I replaced two capacitors and a resistor and tested the signal generator and all is good.

Neville Davies
Experienced User
Username: nev_davies

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, 02 December, 2011 - 18:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dwight. Nice to know you have fixed the problem perhaps you would like to publish the values for future reference.
Nev

Dwight E. Sisk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 75.245.58.177
Posted on Saturday, 03 December, 2011 - 02:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Neville,

I replaced the caps with sizes on the board since they were readable 47uf and 100uf. I put a 10k resistor in place of the burnt one...(a guess) and yet according to the schematic of the ITT IC it will accept up to 18v input and has it's own built in regulator so I figured the resistor I put in would do just fine since a broad voltage range is acceptable.