Instrument lights Turbo R 96 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Instrument lights Turbo R 96 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nigel Parker
Experienced User
Username: trawler

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, 31 October, 2011 - 23:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can anyone advz how difficult to replace bulb/light on a oil pressure indicator on the instrument panel.Does one have to remove whole panel to gain access?????Cheers Nigel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Experienced User
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, 31 October, 2011 - 23:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nigel,

From my cursory examination of TSD6000 it appears that not much has changed as far as replacing instrument illumination between 1978 and 1996.

When I needed to do this it required the removal of the fascia panel and the top roll to gain access to the rear of the instruments in question. Often it's far easier to take the instrument out of the dash, replace the lamps, and then put the instrument back in.

If you're doing this for one I'd seriously think about doing it for everything that you have easy access to while you've got this area taken apart. I would also check into whether LED equivalents might be available for the lamps in question.

Brian