Turbo R as a daily driver... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Turbo R as a daily driver... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 162
Posted on Friday, 29 April, 2011 - 13:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All,

While this is probably more relevant under "genenral discussion' I thought I'd drop it here as this is where I go first, so assuming other SZ affictionardos do too.... I have started to use both my SZ cars ( 86 Spirit & 89 Turbo ) much more frequently of late and certainly more than once or twice a month like I used too. While not everyday I admit, but for instance, the last 3 days I have been driving my Turbo RL around as if its my daily car... I must say I just love it and find it performs perfectly and is no more challenging than the BMW, which is my daily driver, to get on with running around in. Luckily I dont need to be in 'peak' hour too much and a lot of my travels take me on the motorways which of course these cars love. Yes of course they are going better and driving better... that of course is right but what I would say is I am getting more pleasure from them using them much more frequently than just a few times per month...
Happy driving ALL
Cheers

J

Brian Crump
Frequent User
Username: brian_crump

Post Number: 95
Posted on Friday, 29 April, 2011 - 17:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Excellent news James and I would encourage you to drive both of your SZ cars as frequently as possible.
May I quote from the company's 1982 Spirt and Mulsanne sales brochure; "...Rolls-Royce Motors engineers ...design it [the motor] to run 100,000 miles without major attention - a figure frequently exceeded in practice."
Why not use such suoerb engineering everyday? Life is too short to settle for less.
Regards,
Brian

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 163
Posted on Monday, 02 May, 2011 - 10:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian,

I have read that too, re the sales brochure blurb, I would go on to say now that my SZ cars are 25 and 22 years old respectively, they both feel tight and right still! While I do favour the Turbo as a driving car I must be honest, it is just such a big lovable brute of a thing to thunder along in much more a 'drivers' car than the Rolls, my Rolls is still an eye catcher and is a 'prettier' car. I do delight in them both. Regular oil changes and attention every 6 months regardless of klms travelled is all they require from my expirence to keep them woofling along happily. See you soon at the next RR gathering.

Cheers

J