Bosch 2437-020-010 EHA Sourcing fitte... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Bosch 2437-020-010 EHA Sourcing fitted to Bentley Turbo R 88 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stefan Morley
Prolific User
Username: myupctoys

Post Number: 255
Posted on Monday, 28 March, 2011 - 09:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Guys,

Has anyone found a source or equivalent to the EHA 2437-020-010 (Electro Hydraulic Actuator) fitted to an 88 Bentley Turbo R? Apparently common between between our cars for a lot of years. Did a bit of hunting and can find heaps of 2437-020-007 fitted to the bigger V8 Merc's but nothing on the 010.

Spoke to a Bosch distributor and he said it doesn't come up on the distributors reference. Got me wondering if they have been superseded or if an equivalent could be used. In parallel I'm sending an email to Bosch themselves hopefully something will make sense.

Mine is leaking and according to Merc's forums a known issue. Would rather get a new one than a second hand one if possible.

Picture just so people know what I'm talking about.

Cheers
Stefan

EHA

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 722
Posted on Tuesday, 29 March, 2011 - 21:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Stefan, No new ones at the moment. £125 exchange £25 surcharge.

Email me if you want details.

Regards, Paul.

Stefan Morley
Prolific User

Post Number: 256
Posted on Wednesday, 30 March, 2011 - 09:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Paul,

Least I know there is a fall-back position.

Looking at a number of options and trying to figure out the optimum path. Managed to track down a source of new ones but trying to decide if simply getting an exchange distributor with the EHA already fitted or, a new or, an old EHA on its own.

Just a bit nervous considering its a known issue for the Merc's getting a second hand unit. Added to that I may still be up for rebuilding the distributor, although doubtful considering the car idles beautifully.

Decisions Decisions.

Many Thanks
Stefan

Stefan Morley
Prolific User

Post Number: 263
Posted on Sunday, 01 May, 2011 - 13:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Paul,

Thanks, delivered a couple of days ago and fitted no problems. Still got problems with the car but at least it's not leaking fuel.

So other know, the part number that replaces the old EHA 2437-020-010 for fuel distributor 0 438 101 032 is 3 437 010 045 sold as a kit with screws, and o-rings under part number F026 T03 036 and available from Bosch Germany.

Have Bosch original drawings that clearly identify this new EHA with this fuel distributor. What the physical difference is I don't know, they look very similar.

Car idles fine. Hasn't fixed the underlying problem but least I can move the car without it leaking fuel.

Next plan of attack is the fuel distributor itself.

Cheers
Stefan

Stefan Morley
Prolific User

Post Number: 269
Posted on Monday, 23 May, 2011 - 13:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi

For reference picture of the original and new EHA stipulated by Bosch for the 032 fuel distributor. Arrow is where the leak occurred.

EHA

Stefan