Engine control module Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Engine control module « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Udo Hoffmüller
Frequent User
Username: udo

Post Number: 68
Posted on Monday, 29 November, 2010 - 10:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can someone tell me how to read out the stored error messages from the ECM of a TurboR year 92 without Mastercheck and without OBDII-equipment?

The method as on the model year 91 does not work, there is no diagnostic switch. And the method via pressing the gaspedal five times and so on as on model year 94 onwards does not work, too. But we think, there must be a way without the Mastercheck equipemnet!?

Is there a solution! - Best regards, Udo

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2266
Posted on Monday, 29 November, 2010 - 12:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Udo,

I’m only going by TSD 5001, but it is usually correct nonetheless. Do you have it ? Attached is an extract - click on the icon to upload it. Are you trying the trip button as described ?

RT.
application/pdf
9093MY.pdf (44.8 k)

Udo Hoffmüller
Frequent User
Username: udo

Post Number: 69
Posted on Tuesday, 30 November, 2010 - 18:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you, Richard, I have TSD 5001, and I found your extract. The logics of this manual are strange. At the end of B2 you find the description of how to read out the error messages on 91 model year (Cancel, Trip and Diagnostic Switch to press). An the beginning (B2-8) you find the description without Diacgnostic Switch, but they do not tell you that this is not valid for 91 model year.

We will try it as described in B2-8. I will let you know if it worked.

Regards - Udo