Black smoke and weakening system wiring Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Black smoke and weakening system wiring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dave Burbidge
Experienced User
Username: ovation

Post Number: 20
Posted on Sunday, 05 September, 2010 - 11:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have just bought a 1983 Bentley Mulsanne to go with my 82 Spur. The engine idles roughly and blows black smoke on start up with some blue smoke that quickly goes and leaves a small amount of black smoke. Fuel economy is terrible.The wiring on the weakening system and run on solenoid has 3 wires disconnected but I cannot figure out which wire should go where. Is there a straighforward way of sorting this or is there someone near the Gold Coast who knows these systems.
The engine has done 52000 miles.
Any advice much appreciated.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dave Burbidge
Experienced User
Username: ovation

Post Number: 21
Posted on Sunday, 05 September, 2010 - 13:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Theres a very good reason why you should have 2 cars . When I looked at the choke control lever the one on the Bentley had been removed and put back on backwards compared to the Spur. When I bought the car the carsales guy said the rocker cover gaskets had been replaced hence the lever being removed and put back incorrectly.
Anyway we got the car for a good price because it was running rough.Running on full choke !!!!!!
Still trying to sort out the wiring they also pulled off !!!