Wind Noise Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Wind Noise « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alan H Olden
New User
Username: alan_olden

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, 07 June, 2010 - 12:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all,
I wonder if anyone with early SZ cars has any solution for wind noise. I have a wind noise problem (>70km/hr) and consequential window glass rattle on the front left hand door that I have been trying to eliminate. The door alignment is ok (striker plate adjustment) and I have noted Secondary Door Seals are available ex UK and are listed as part no. UT13535PB for each door. The original door seals appear in quite reasonable condition. My car is a Silver Spirit 1981. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Jeffrey McCarthy
Prolific User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 211
Posted on Monday, 07 June, 2010 - 13:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Alan,

Try these links to a previous discussion and then try searching with 'door seals'.

Personally (on my Shadow), I had Chapman's in Melbourne install their wind strip - which is basically a semi-soft oblong profile rubber of some sort and much cheaper - on my front doors and it improved the problem immensly. Worth a try before you buy the expensive secondary seals.
Jeff

http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/17/1325.html

http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/17/8548.html

(Message edited by jefmac2003 on 07 June 2010)

Alan H Olden
New User

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, 09 June, 2010 - 10:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jeffrey
Many thanks for the links and background on the solutions that have worked. Appreciated
Alan Olden

Lluís Gimeno-Fabra
Prolific User
Username: lluís

Post Number: 118
Posted on Wednesday, 09 June, 2010 - 17:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Do you have any European sources of secondary door seals / rubber profiles.

I would need them for a non-RR/B application.

Thanks in advance

Alan H Olden
New User

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, 22 June, 2010 - 07:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Lluis - I am not sure if this is the question you are asking -the only source for the seals in Europe are the known UK parts suppliers -IntroCar and also Flying Spares; both are UK based. Regards -AO

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1252
Posted on Tuesday, 22 June, 2010 - 09:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alan/ Your original query! Tee One Topics Issue 81 page 1128 should be a help

Peter Maclaren
Experienced User
Username: ludo

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, 22 June, 2010 - 12:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have recently purchased a set of secondary seals from Montague and Co for my SZ at a cost of 46 pounds 12p each. By the time I received them the all up cost had risen to $150 NZ dollars each, which seems horrendous, but they are well made and easy to fit. I had been following this topic and it was obvious that everyone who had fitted them was very pleased with the result. Simon at Montagues was very obliging and I received them in 6 days.I have two more to fit to complete the job, but the weather is too cold to be confident of good dry adhesion. Can't wait to try them out

Carl Linkenbagh
Yet to post message
Username: carllinkenbagh

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, 12 July, 2011 - 17:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Alan,

I have recently had my car retrofitted with a secondary door seal set. I recommend it, there is a definate reduction in wind noise.

Regards,

Carl