Window switches Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Window switches « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Barry Brears
Experienced User
Username: turney_2009

Post Number: 25
Posted on Friday, 14 May, 2010 - 04:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Re my Bentley SBH 17291 its just returned from the paint shop looking all shiny but with a problem or two.The panel shop did not reconnect the wiring as I had the door panels off because I had detected a problem with the micro switches.So I sent to the UK for new micro switches these new ones only have 1 post for power and 1 single post for earthing both switches (one up and one down)my old switches had 2 posts one for power and one for the solenoid/motor and 1 for earth for both switches.Now if I connect the power and the lead to the solenoid /motor together and connect that to the single post then connect the earth and then test the switch it shorts out and the cut out up front in the cubby hole throws out and then there is no power.I cannot get the old style switch any more so can someone help please.
Barry

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 577
Posted on Friday, 14 May, 2010 - 05:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Barry,

You have the wrong switches so you're trying to get a square peg into a round hole.

Without looking it up, I think yours has three terminals - all with screws, or two screws and one spade?

The correct ones are still available or failing that, one that will do the job. Feel free to contact me if you'd like help obtaining them.

Barry Brears
Experienced User
Username: turney_2009

Post Number: 26
Posted on Friday, 14 May, 2010 - 06:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Paul,Thanks mate I have sent you a private message.I may be coming to the UK next year so must look you up.I still have extended family over there so need to visit and catch up.

Barry

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 580
Posted on Friday, 14 May, 2010 - 06:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'll put the kettle on mate!