Air intake silver shadow connected tubes Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Air intake silver shadow connected tubes « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Philippo Signore
Yet to post message
Username: signore

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, 31 December, 2009 - 02:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear all,

This is my first intervention in yhis forum and i thank you in advance who may help me in this problem.I am the owner of a silver shadow 1 SRH25476.
On the air intake (carburetters), there is a temperature sensor.
Somebody Knows the function of this item.
Two tubes are attached at this sensor.
The first comes from the air filter and the second?????(i don't know where it goes).
I will try to attach a picture ..this is the item n°33 form spare parts catalogue
Thanks for reply

Philippo Signore
New User

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, 31 December, 2009 - 02:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here
application/pdfAir intake SS1
Air intake SS1.pdf (766.2 k)

Here is the picture

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 508
Posted on Thursday, 31 December, 2009 - 05:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Phiippo and welcome,

I couldn't get the picture to open . . .

But I think the unit that you're asking about is the air intake blend flap valve.

The 'lost' end goes to a vacuum pipe at the carburettors. I think it's just behind the left hand carburettor dash pot, See item 45. perhaps shared with the distributor vacuum pipe? They did move it around a bit though.

application/pdf
everythingrollsroyce1.pdf (92.8 k)

(Message edited by paul_yorke on 31 December 2009)

Philippo Signore
New User

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, 31 December, 2009 - 06:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Paul,

After checking, there is no electrical connection to the temp. sensor.
I didn't found out where the tube must be connected.
Sorry for my inexperience.

Please reply

Philippo Signore
New User

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, 31 December, 2009 - 07:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear All,

Of course, if someone may help me, he (she) is really welcome.
I live in Belgium and my English is not so fluent.
Sorry for those inconveniences.

regards

Paul Yorke
Grand Master

Post Number: 509
Posted on Thursday, 31 December, 2009 - 07:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The item on the air intake tube with the two rubber vacuum pipes on IS the temperature sensor. It's completely mechanical - so no wires.

It opens a valve dependant on air intake temperature which allows a vacuum to open or close the flap by the air filter and feed warmer air to the carburettors when needed.

the non air filter hose goes to the carburettors.

Philippo Signore
New User

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, 31 December, 2009 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Paul,

Do yo think that the tube must go to the "A" carburetter or to the "B" carburetter.
"A" being in front of the driver and i have a RHD car.Do you have a sketch or picture to help me to detect the tube position.
Thanks a lot

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1209
Posted on Friday, 01 January, 2010 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well Phil here I am under the affluence of incahol on New Years Eve in Canberra Australia and you are asking where the tube goes.

Well the best of everything to all participants in this forum for the forthcoming year notwithstanding all the rectums that seem to prevail these days.

As to your tube Phil if you look under the front on the intake mount there should be a little pipe sticking out. This will be sucking air like a dervish if it is not connected so stick your tube on there. If there is a tube there follow it out until you come to a 'T' pie4ce and shove your tube on hopefully a vacant end there.

You realise it is very difficult to type in Australia because we are all upside down!!!

Cheers to You all!!!

Philippo Signore
New User

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, 01 January, 2010 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

DEAR ALL,

I WISH TO ALL OF YOU AN HAPPY NEW YEAR.
IN BELGIUM,IT'S 15H25 PM AND THEN NOT YET NEW YEAR .

CIAO A TUTTI

Kelly Opfar
Experienced User
Username: kelly_opfar

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, 01 January, 2010 - 03:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Philippo, here is a couple of pictures I took last year when I took my intake apart. I put black and white zip ties on the two sensor tubes to be able to differentiate them in the pictures. The first picture shows the bottom of the intake piece that holds the sensor with the two tubes attached, the second shows the terminus of the tube in question. The one you're interested in has white ties on it. Of course my car is LHD - I hope they are the same. Kelly

air temp sensor

air hose tee terminus

(Message edited by david_gore on 02 January 2010)

Philippo Signore
New User

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, 01 January, 2010 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Kelly,

Thanks a lot for your pictures, but even i recognize a lot of components, i didn't find this "stupid" inlet for the tube.
I think that i have to start to dismantle a couple of components to have a beter view on the engine.Am i wrong ir most of the tubes are connected all together?My shadow is 1976 and i am afraid that they are already somes changes destinated to the Shadow II (can be).

I wish you an happy new year

Thanks a lot

Kelly Opfar
Experienced User
Username: kelly_opfar

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, 02 January, 2010 - 02:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here is a picture of the extra-legged "T-piece" removed from my '76 Shadow - SRE24700.multi-leg tee piece

Philippo Signore
New User

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, 02 January, 2010 - 02:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Kelly,

No way, i didn't find the same configuration in my motor wich was prepared for England and not for export.
I will meet a friend in France who has a 76 silver Shadow also.
I am sure thati will find my problem looking on his car.
Many thanks for your help and your kindness.
Best regards

Paul Yorke
Grand Master

Post Number: 510
Posted on Saturday, 02 January, 2010 - 04:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kelly, Looks like your car has the EGR system fitted, Philippo's will be less complicated than yours.

Happy New year to all.

Philippo Signore
New User

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, 02 January, 2010 - 07:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Kelly,

Millions of thanks for your help.

Happy new year