SRH 19305 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » SRH 19305 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kevin Lagden
New User
Username: kevin

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, 12 November, 2009 - 08:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Had the old girl out on a cruise going to the Blue Mountains over the weekend, when my wife heard what seemed to be a V8 supercar riding up behind us. When turning the radio down we soon realized that the noise was coming from our car. Horror I thought, with a burst of acceleration a plume of blue smoke shot out the exhaust. We turned back and went home. However when taking her out for another ride the sound mysteriously had gone all be there be a little rumble from under the bonnet. There is no visable evidence of anything missing, no hole in the exhaust. Perhaps plugs, maybe carbs. Any suggestions out there would be gratefully received.

It's soon to receive a service however and I am sure the fault will emerge. Still OK to drive though.

On an engine built in 74/5 and with premium unleaded always used, are there perhaps any engine additives that I am not aware of that should be used from time to time.

Thank you RR enthusiasts for any assistance you can provide to a guy that never seems to get oil on his hands.

Kevin