Oh ... Heck! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Oh ... Heck! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jan Forrest
Frequent User
Username: got_one

Post Number: 91
Posted on Thursday, 13 August, 2009 - 02:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just had to coax The Old Girl back home with the most almighty *graunch* from the offside rear brake caliper. Fortunately I was only a mile from home and already on my way here. On inspection I can see that the bottom mounting bolt has made a successful bid for freedom and the whole thing is now swiveling on the top bolt.
So ... can anyone give me the specs for these bolts so I can source one locally? - That's head size (3/4AF?, length of shaft and overall length).
Ta very glad

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 374
Posted on Thursday, 13 August, 2009 - 02:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'll probably have a used one around, I think they have a odd shoulder and a flat face. Not a standard bolt.

Jan Forrest
Frequent User
Username: got_one

Post Number: 92
Posted on Thursday, 13 August, 2009 - 02:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

In that case it might be better if I remove the remaining bolt (it's loose anyway) and hawk it round the local engineering firms.
Too late today, plus I'm still shattered from making and mounting a new back gate to put the RIB on the back garden so I can use the garage to store all my larger tools/equipment (then I can actually get into the shed!).

Dr. Omar M. Shams
Experienced User
Username: omar

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, 13 August, 2009 - 06:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jan,
Make sure you get a good quality high tensile bolt with suitable hardness/strength properties. these are not just any old bolts, but I am sure you know that anyway.
all the best
Omar