A/C Blower Speeds Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » A/C Blower Speeds « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dr. Omar M. Shams
Experienced User
Username: omar

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, 06 May, 2009 - 05:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have a great Shadow 1 that has airconditioining which works very well in the intense heat of the UAE desert. The blowers (at full speed) deliver huge quantities of air that makes it unbearble for the driver to operate the vehicle with so much air blowing about. This is a necessary feature in this part of the world because of the intense heat that we have to endure. My Silver Wraith IIs however are anaemic when it comes to blower air speed. I also have the same issue with my Turbo R, but I am getting help with that. My question is, why is the older car able to blow more air than the newer models given that they all have the same blower motors and fans? It must therefore be the control module. If so, how can one adjust/modify/rectify a Wraith II AC system to allow the blowers to deliver the quantities of air that a Shadow 1 can deliver.
Thanks

richard george yeaman
Frequent User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 98
Posted on Monday, 08 July, 2013 - 08:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Omar.
On my Shadow 1 I don't have any blowers working at any speed they stopped working a few Months ago where would I start to try and solve this, one of many issues any help much appreciated.

Richard.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 513
Posted on Monday, 08 July, 2013 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

Take a look at the attached documents and see if they help you in chasing down your problem (or at least allow you to rule out one common cause).

Brian
application/pdfFuel Filler Door Diagnosis Document
Fuel_Filler_Door.pdf (35.0 k)

application/pdfFigures to go with
Fuel_Filler_FuseboxFig.pdf (223.9 k)

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1074
Posted on Monday, 08 July, 2013 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar, on the servo unit under the centre console is a trimming resistor, you could try adjusting the bias towards more cold air needed.

Alternatively, add a circuit so the high switch (or add a switch) position gives a full 12v to the fans.

Richard, have you checked the fuses? Put a 12v feed directly to the blower motors to check them?

Paul Yorke
Grand Master

Post Number: 1075
Posted on Monday, 08 July, 2013 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian, Shadow I cars are different.

Those fuse holders are pretty rubbish though. The terminals corrode and the terminal rivets give poor connections.

And the relay next to it frequently burn out, especially when the contacts in the fuse box are poor.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 514
Posted on Monday, 08 July, 2013 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Paul,

Does what I posted apply only to the "two series" cars? If so, I will make sure to alter my filing system to reflect this.

Not having either a "one series" car, nor its owner's handbook, does prove limiting at times. ;-)

Brian

Paul Yorke
Grand Master

Post Number: 1076
Posted on Monday, 08 July, 2013 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes, Cars with the automatic climate control systems only.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 515
Posted on Monday, 08 July, 2013 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Paul,

Thank you very much. Both Geoff Wootton and I have both had our share of, "Oh, it doesn't work like that on the [one|two] series cars," experiences.

I'm trying to update both my mental and electronic filing systems as these occur.

Brian

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 342
Posted on Tuesday, 09 July, 2013 - 09:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Paul,
Thanks for the tips.
Do you have a photo of what the servo unit looks like? Is the console you are refering to the bit between the two front seats?
Thanks
Omar

Paul Yorke
Grand Master

Post Number: 1077
Posted on Tuesday, 09 July, 2013 - 09:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Omar,
I'll see if I can take a photo,

Under the radio - carpeted panel around it.