Amature brake mechanic! (Bentley S2)... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Amature brake mechanic! (Bentley S2) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Donald Maloid
Experienced User
Username: prodmgr

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, 01 October, 2008 - 08:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The brake system on my bentley has been a bear for some time. I broke down and removed the servo to inspect it. After taking it apart I noticed that the pressure disk never made contact with the metal wheel. All it took was some adjustment to the 2 nuts at the end of the mechanism. My question is, how much resistance is needed on the servo after adjustment? Should there be a slight drag or should it be tight and not move? I adjusted for slight drag and then test drove the car and I noticed better braking but wasn't satisfied. Which direction or correction should I consider? Tight or slight servo? Thanks!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul Yorke
Prolific User
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 212
Posted on Wednesday, 01 October, 2008 - 05:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Donald, There should be next to no drag really. Very slight drag with a brand new plate so it can bed in.

I'm not sure that it couldn't have been in contact before? What were the faces like to make you say that?