Keys Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Keys « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Senn
Yet to post message
Username: peter

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, 04 November, 2003 - 03:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

When I bought my Silver Shadow SRH 15410 it came with only one set of keys, a master and ignition. However the master will only work the door and boot and the ignition enables me to start, but will not turn to auxilary. In the handbook I have a key number. Is there a locksmith that came manufacture a new set of keys for me based upon the number?
Thanks in anticipation.

Mark Tomlinson
New User
Username: mark_tomlinson

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, 04 November, 2003 - 09:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The key manufacturer (dominion) that made the keys have gone belly up a while ago and I had the same problem you have in getting blanks for the RR and managed thru western suburbs locksmiths (Sydney)to get 5 blanks and they did the rest.
Your key should have RR1 or RR5 on it if it is the original key and I sugest a larger locksmith rather than a key cutter as they have the knowledge you need.

whunter
Yet to post message
Username: whunter

Posted on Wednesday, 05 November, 2003 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Peter
key will not turn to auxilary.
Possible key damage.
Possible switch box tumbler problem.
I would (in USA) get a couple of key blanks and ask at the state police post about who is the best locksmith (explaining the full problem).
I have found (USA, Canada) that law enforcement officers must know this kind of information.
In two cases, the locksmith was a retired officer that I never would have found without their help.
Have a great day.
whunter
RROC, Lake Michigan, Motor and Ohio region.
ASE Master Mechanic
Bloomfield Eurotech
45671 Woodward Avenue
Pontiac, MI 48341
Work Phone 248-334-6400 Fax 248-334-2363
asemastermechanic@juno.com

Peter Senn
New User
Username: peter

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, 05 November, 2003 - 04:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for the advise, I'm starting to think it could be tumbler or key damage as well. I had looked previously at getting the ignition lock out of its assemble, but was frighten off by all the wires. I'm assured that it is not as bad as it looks, so will try again to remove it and find a competent locksmith.
Peter

Gabriel
Yet to post message
Username: gabriel

Posted on Wednesday, 31 March, 2004 - 06:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Peter

Do you have your key number. It could be written down in the front of your owners manual. You can get it from http://www.rolls-royce.com/rolls-royce/feedback/default.htm by making an historical enquiry. Specify that you want the key number and what car you have and chassis number.

You can order a new key from Bentley/Jack Barkley if you can supply them with the key number. They are situated in London. Contact them on:
Tel: +44 020 77 38 8333
Fax: +44 020 77 38 8099

The historical enquiry takes about two weeks to get a reply. Posting the key from London to South Africa took a week.

Good luck

Gabriël Viljoen