Window Microswitch Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Window Microswitch « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ben crombie
Experienced User
Username: crombo97

Post Number: 12
Posted on Saturday, 07 October, 2006 - 06:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have 2 faulty window switchs in SRH1011
I have done a search and seen a few people say that the microswitch is very cheap from Dick Smith etc
I was wondering if any one has the specs on the switch so i know what to ask for
Thanks in advance!!!

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 744
Posted on Saturday, 07 October, 2006 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ben there are two types of switch differing only in the terminals. Are your faulty ones in the driver's door or another door. Email me direct with a phone number and I'll explain. The other door ones are made in Mexico and cost about $7 the driver's door ones are Burgess made in the UK and cost about $80. I may be able to help.

Ben crombie
Experienced User

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, 08 October, 2006 - 04:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The faulty switchs are in the passenger front and drivers rear
Thanks
Ben
0419 242 691

Ben crombie
Experienced User

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, 08 October, 2006 - 02:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I dont think its the switch now it must be in the wiring
The window will go up no worries but will not go down!!
Any ideas???

John Kilkenny
Experienced User
Username: john_kilkenny

Post Number: 22
Posted on Sunday, 08 October, 2006 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ben,
Refer to the attached diagram.
You will need to measure the listed (approximate) voltages to determine whether it is a switch, wiring or motor fault.
First check if you hear the click of the brake release solenoid when the switch is pressed. This will indicate the switch and relay are OK.

Shadow Window Circuit

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: brig-cache-4.server.ntli.net
Posted on Monday, 09 October, 2006 - 09:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You may be able to take the switch apart by drilling out the rivets and replacing them with screws and nuts about 4BA should do.

This switches are reliable by the wiring is not.

Ultimately the best way to go is to fit a "ring main" and relays using the exsisting wiring for signals to the relays.

(Message approved by david_gore)