Window seals Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Window seals « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul Dabrowski
New User
Username: shabbyshadow2

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, 19 June, 2006 - 09:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

On shadows, the window seal between the top of the door and the stainless window frames gets in the way when you are painting. Do you have to remove the frames to get the seal out of the way so you can paint right up to the top of the door?
Are these window seals expensive? Or is there a trick to painting the doors without removing the seal?

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 80.3.64.11
Posted on Friday, 23 June, 2006 - 03:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good question.

because to remove the frames from the door is quite differcult I tried once and came close to damaging the door so I gave up.

The painter lifted the rubbers up with wire so that the paint flowed under them.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Jeffrey McCarthy
Grand Master
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 325
Posted on Wednesday, 29 August, 2012 - 01:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm in the process of replacing the seals between the stainless window frame and the glass on the outside of the car as the old felt covered stuff is brittle and disintegrating.

I'm hoping a standard D profile self-adhesive rubber strip will work - has anyone done this and can recommend what size to use?

No problems getting access so far although a hint I might pass on is to stuff a rag down into the chain channels so that the washer shims on the bolt that connects the window to the lifting bracket don't slip down into the chain mechanism and foul it up.

Dave Puttock
Experienced User
Username: ariel

Post Number: 32
Posted on Thursday, 30 August, 2012 - 01:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The frame to drop glass seals have a furry finish to them I think.
Introcar do INUB38263A for about 10 UKpounds each which seems fair compared with the rubber seal between the frame and the door which are over 50 UKpounds each