No park command from actuator Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » No park command from actuator « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

roger thurlow
Yet to post message
Username: genevieve

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 07 January, 2024 - 14:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G`day all.

I`m battling with a recent intermittent fault, but now completly failed.

Unrelated, but worth noting, I had recently done a trans service.

The trans won`t go into Park and won`t start in P. But it does start in N.

When Actuator/trans linkage is removed the trans (GM400 3 speed) clicks through the gears OK.

Then as gear shifter on column is functioned, (linkage still disconnected) the actuator moves through all the gears but does not move into park.

I have 12 volts on the contactor pin on the shifter and at the plug on the LH front floor well.

The plug on the Actuator has 17 pins, my drawings only suggest it should be 8, so at a loss to "bell" the loom.

I`m thinking it’s either an actuator motor at fault or the loom from floor well to Actuator is faulty.

Any assistance welcomed.

TIA
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 845
Posted on Sunday, 07 January, 2024 - 21:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What was serviced in the trans and who performed the service? Was it functioning before?

Many times these cars are brought in for service and do not come back repaired due to the idiots who think they know what they're doing. Unfortunately this is very common.

Question: Did you check the fluid level on a level ground while in park?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: