Interior colour code. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Interior colour code. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kevin Bacon
New User
Username: bacon13

Post Number: 11
Posted on Friday, 03 November, 2023 - 04:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have a 1980 Shadow 2. I believe some years ago the entire interior was changed. It was blue but replaced with one from a vehicle with chassis number srh39935. The paint code under my bonnet translates to blue,the interior is almost off white.Bentley motors cannot find a build sheet for SRH39935 so I don't know the interior colour code. Any ideas?

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 842
Posted on Friday, 03 November, 2023 - 05:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

look here - Lots of info here:

https://www.rrsilvershadow.com/EIndex.htm

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3348
Posted on Friday, 03 November, 2023 - 06:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kevin,

Is there nothing engraved in the Trim No. entry on the under-bonnet paint and trim plaque?

If there is, trim usually starts with VM (for Vaumol process leather used by Connolly) and that indicates the leather color originally used. I believe if there was contrast piping there will be a slash between the main hide color and the piping color. I don't have a "handy example car" to check how contrast piping is actually noted on the plaque.

If you happen to have the owner's manual, this is also sometimes recorded at the front or back by the dealership.

Brian

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3349
Posted on Friday, 03 November, 2023 - 06:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kevin,

By the way, I own LRK37110, a 1979 Silver Wraith II in Silver Sand over Seychelles Blue with a medium blue leather interior. It could very well be the same as your car originally had.

LRK37110 has trim noted as being VM3209.

Here's the paint/trim plaque (rotated for easier reading):

Paint & Trim Codes

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: