Rubber door seals to hard ? SSII Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Rubber door seals to hard ? SSII « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

marktennison
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 2.100.74.24
Posted on Wednesday, 15 February, 2023 - 23:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Having purchased new after market rubber door seals I have found them to be very firm compared to the originals, has anybody else encountered this problem and did you find it difficult to close the door after fitting new seals ?

(Message approved by david_gore)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4175
Posted on Thursday, 16 February, 2023 - 05:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Perhaps they are old stock,

I have found Krytox GPL105 extremely effective in rejuvenating seals that have gone hard and grey over a long period of time.

Very expensive, a little goes a long way and only needs to be applied with a finger tip to spread the liquid over the seal surface.

The liquid works immediately and you will be amazed at how the seal responds by turning matt black and becomes soft and supple.

https://www.krytox.com/en/-/media/files/krytox/krytox-gpl-105-205-215-225.pdf?rev=82945e8528154d6d9b17636cdd8e22e9&hash=C686C2FB3A2E4CA6ABF1F963AE3BA435

I have used this product for many years and can vouch for its effectiveness.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: