Power hood Corniche >30000 Chapter S... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Power hood Corniche >30000 Chapter S9 missing from Tech info « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

marktennison
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 2.100.74.24
Posted on Friday, 10 February, 2023 - 06:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I understand that from index there should be a Section "S9 Body" the Workshop manual I have finishes at S8

S9 should cover the Power operated hood which I need any help as to where I can find a copy of the missing section would be much appreciated.

(Message approved by david_gore)

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4174
Posted on Friday, 10 February, 2023 - 10:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark,

What is the chassis number and, if known, the year of assembly for your car?

What is the TSD number for your current manual?

It is my expectation that the Power Operated Hood information in Section 7 of TSD2476 would apply to your vehicle.

All my copies of the later TSD4200 do not have a Section 9.

Here is the S7 section from the earlier TSD2476 Manual covering the power hood.

application/pdfTSD2476 Section 7
TSD2476 Section 7 - Corniche Power Hood.pdf (1662.8 k)

Adrianj
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 37.152.228.184
Posted on Saturday, 11 February, 2023 - 07:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I wrote to Crewe reference the missing Body chapter some years ago.

Their response was that although it appears in the index the chapter itself was never actually ever written!

It never existed.

marktennison
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 2.100.74.24
Posted on Friday, 10 February, 2023 - 17:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

Many thanks for the quick response, my car is a 50000 series car, assembly year/s 1979/80, delivered/registered 1981 (Not a Corniche II), Solex carb, Corniche DHC based on Silver Shadow II, Hydraulics are Castrol Mineral Oil.

Thanks for the TDS this will help, I was looking for adjustment/alignment procedure for the Eye Bolts and Lock nuts item 8 on Fig S75.
Cheers
Mark

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: