1977 Silver Wraith II Electrical Fault Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » 1977 Silver Wraith II Electrical Fault « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

RandyRoberson
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 98.97.80.21
Posted on Thursday, 22 September, 2022 - 12:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi; got the Wraith II started and moved from the garage to move the Model T.

A couple hours later, I tried to move it back; nothing. Turn the key, no power to the dash, no crank. No power to the windows but the bonnet and boot lamps work, as do the interior lighting; headlamps work normally as well.

A couple hours on the battery charger made no difference, but it did begin charging at its max rate of 16 Amps then taper off as it would when charging a low battery. Made no difference, though: same symptoms.

Any ideas?

(Message approved by david_gore)

michael vass
Frequent User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 767
Posted on Thursday, 22 September, 2022 - 17:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm so expert on shadows but I've heard there's a fusable link by the alternator, maybe worth a look.
Mike

RandyRoberson
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 98.97.80.21
Posted on Friday, 23 September, 2022 - 13:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Connected the battery this morning and it started right up as if nothing had ever been amiss.

You may be referring to failure of the ammeter shunt. I read that the ignition switch box can fail with symptoms as I had.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: