Wiper wheel boxes Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Wiper wheel boxes « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

chris catterall
Yet to post message
Username: shadow_man

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, 13 April, 2022 - 03:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Anyone attempted replacing the wiper motor wheelboxes on a Shadow 75 model ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 2310
Posted on Wednesday, 13 April, 2022 - 14:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Chris

Welcome to the group.

It's quite an involved job as the top roll has to come off and access is difficult.

The wheelboxes on my 74 model were really stiff but I was able to free them off. I disconnected the wiper cable from the wiper motor gearbox, removed the wipers and was able to free the wheel boxes with a combination of release fluid down the wheel box spindles, pushing and pulling the cable and also using pliers on the spindles, after using plenty of insulating tape to protect the splines.

When the wheelboxes were freer, I pulled the cable right out and spent more time rotating the spindles by hand until they were totally free. After a day or so, after the release fluid had evaporated, I used 3in1 oil to lubricate the spindles and reassembled the whole lot.

Are your wheelboxes broken, or just seized up?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: