Silver Shadow Rim Bolt Pattern Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Silver Shadow Rim Bolt Pattern « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 253
Posted on Wednesday, 23 February, 2022 - 06:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can anyone confirm if a 5 x 155 rim will fit a 1980 Silver Shadow?

THANKS!

Richard

Kelly Opfar
Frequent User
Username: kelly_opfar

Post Number: 267
Posted on Friday, 25 February, 2022 - 06:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The RR bolt pattern is 5 x 6.09" Close enough to fit a 155mm pattern but the protruding hub will probably be in the way.

Richard Greene
Frequent User

Post Number: 254
Posted on Friday, 25 February, 2022 - 07:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks, Kelly! Are you saying with "hub protruding", the hubcap would not fit correctly?

Richard

Robert J. Sprauer
Frequent User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 760
Posted on Friday, 25 February, 2022 - 11:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It's the stub axle cap that covers the nut and cotter pin.

Kelly Opfar
Frequent User

Post Number: 268
Posted on Friday, 25 February, 2022 - 12:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm saying that any aftermarket wheel will probably not fit because it won't clear the protrusion on the stock hub face. There is s 4 5/8" register on the wheel flange that locates the wheel.
wheel hub

Richard Greene
Frequent User

Post Number: 255
Posted on Friday, 25 February, 2022 - 14:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Understand. Perhaps, I over complicated everything. A friend has OEM rims from his 1989 Bentley Turbo R. They are 5 x 155. Will they fit the Shadow II?

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3267
Posted on Friday, 25 February, 2022 - 15:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

I'm not trying to be either difficult or snarky, far from it, but if these wheels are available for "a quick check" your easiest way to find out is to snag one from your friend and try it on for size.

I actually believe I have seen these wheels on SY series cars but will not swear to that.

Often, those who are "doing it first" often have to do these kinds of field tests and be the first to present the results.

And when it's easily possible to do so, it's a far better route to take than any speculation.

Brian

Kelly Opfar
Frequent User

Post Number: 269
Posted on Friday, 25 February, 2022 - 15:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I thought you were trying to find aftermarket wheels to fit your Shadow.
Those '89 Bentley wheels will fit just fine.

Richard Greene
Frequent User

Post Number: 256
Posted on Saturday, 26 February, 2022 - 03:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks, Kelly! Appreciate the confirmation! I was almost sure, but wanted to be 100%!

Brian...I agree/understand, but the rims are 250 miles away. I'm in for a road trip!

Richard

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: